CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Lucy

This little blog is all about our sweet Little Lucy Loo! We are not sure of her breed but we believe she is a Maltipoo! She was born around the beginning of March as near as we can figure and she came to us on April 21, 2013! What a wonderful burst of energy, joy and insanity she has brought into our lives. Above all she has put a smile on all of our faces including her two dogger siblings and her one kitty sister.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Um, That's Not Our Dog.....

Yep - that is what the hubby said when he saw this little Doodle on the first night she came to live with us.  A little background - we had two dogs already and they are a little nuts.  One is a 14 year old Jack Russell and the other is a 10 year old Jack Russell Beagle mix.  Along with that craziness is our 7 year old Tuxedo cat with quite the attitude.  I had promised my hubs that I would not take on another dog until one of them passed.  Both of the older pets had been sick on and off and I was feeling the loss of their former selves.

I came to meet Lucy through a dear old friend that I went to high school with.  I routinely share information on dogs who needed homes and she does as well.  She asked me that Monday morning if I knew anyone who might take this little munchkin and I asked for pictures with the idea of sharing with others to find her a home.  Well one look at her mug and I was hooked.  I told my friend that I would take her as long as she made it clear to the person who needed to rehome her that I may have to do the same.  I just agreed to see how it went.

I was beside myself waiting for her to show up with this cuddle bug - did I say I don't get out much so this was so very exciting to me.  When I opened my front door I was met by my wonderful friend and this little adorable curly ball of attitude and happiness sitting on her own at the door.  All 4 pounds of her was just hairy cuteness!!  I knew I was done.  This picture is the one the owner had sent to my friend and it does not do her justice but you can see what a charmer she is!!  She was about 8 weeks at this point.

I never in a million years believed that I would be able to adopt a puppy like this as their adoption fees are very high and I normally tend to gravitate to hounds and JRTs.  In this case the owner just wanted to find her a new home as their larger dog was a little too rough with her.  As soon as she stepped through our front door Beeger, our Jack-Beagle mix greeted her and she gave him a bear hug and it was on.  They were fast friends and she loves him more than any of us.  Maddie, the JRT was not impressed but has come to enjoy her as well and she has been so good for both dogs.  Puppy energy and enthusiasm for life is contagious!!  Oh and Hubby came around quickly when he saw how much she meant to me - more on that later.

What a curly little blessing she is!!


No comments:

Post a Comment